My name is Anne O Brien.
An experienced fully Qualified Psychotherapist and Counsellor. I am also Accredited with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MIACP).
Realising that therapy should be tailored to the individuality of the client for positive change to occur. I envision a world in which all people have access to information and therapy that can improve their mental and emotional health, thus promoting healthier families and communities. I have developed a deep interest in empowering others in their mental health and well-being and so my journey into psychotherapy and counseling studies began.
I started my studies in 2011 with IICP College in South Dublin.
I started my Clinical Training in South Dublin in 2017.
I use an integrative humanistic approach. My work is primarily grounded on Person-centered therapy, choice theory, mindfulness, and existential therapies. I also work in areas of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Family Systems.
My Qualifications Include.
- Certificate in Integrated Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- BA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Certificate in Therapeutic use of Mindfulnes.
- Certificate in Trauma.
- Certificate in Suicide Prevention / Suicide Ideation.
- Certificate In The Science of Behaviour and Mind Trinity College Dublin.
- Healing the Family Tree a series of four workshops with FR. Jim Cogley Emmaus Centre.
- Completed On-Line Training with IACP In Working As A Therapist on Line.
- Accredited member of IACP (MIACP).
I am currently completing additional studies with the Institute of Integrated Counseling and Psychotherapy (IICP).