”You deserve to be happy”
Many people experience some form of disruption in their mental wellbeing at some point across their life and may need some extra supports when managing this. Almost everyone at some point in their lives has felt loss for example, grief of losing a loved one, anxiety over work related issues, or relationship issues. I believe that each client is unique and diverse in their own way, I provide an opportunity to work with you, towards exploring problems and finding new ways to help you with making your own decision.
Types of Therapy
- Adolescents (over 16)
Range of Issues
Using a variety of modalities I work on providing help for people struggling with a range of issues such as:
- Feelings of depression, anxiety, or stressed.
- Searching for a meaningful sense of identity or purpose in your life.
- Struggling with personal or family issues.
- Experiencing stress due to school, or college issues.
- Trying to cope with Phobias or behavioral issues.
- Bereavement, Grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Suicide, Suicide Ideation, and self-harm.
- Geriatric Issues helping older adults.
- Experiencing stress due to work.
- Lacking confidence or self-esteem.
- Relationship Conflict.
- Sexual Identity.
- Anger Management.
- Setting personal goals.
My name is Anne O Brien. An experienced fully Qualified Psychotherapist and Counsellor. I am also Accredited with the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MIACP). Coming from an enterpreneurial and business background, I have developed a deep interest in empowering others in their mental health and well-being and so my journey into psychotherapy and counselling studies began.
My approach is a humanistic integrative framework which incorporates many different approaches to the therapeutic work, such as person-centered, choice theory and mindfulness. Drawing from elements of a pluralistic perspective. This allows me to work with clients in a way that is unique to the client. I also believe that the relationship between the therapist and client is paramount to the success of the therapy.